Anyone for a CycleActive course in the Lake District?

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Anyone for a CycleActive course in the Lake District?

Post by MartinF »

Nigel & I have been mulling over options for some bike skills training - looking at the days they're running at various trail centres, and their brochure courses.

We've more or less decided that a long or even longer weekend in the lakes is better VFM and better craic than a day at a trail centre. Additionally, like last time we went - in 2006 - if we get enough people to go, we could get a course set up for ourselves, or at least, be able to sway an agenda.

The course we're thinking of is the Mountain Rider (level 3), and probably in May.

As the time between now & then will go quicker than something that's very quick indeed, please post here asap if you're interested.
Last edited by MartinF on Sat Feb 23, 2008 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
Paul McCormack
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Paul McCormack »

Hi Martin

I'm interested if the dates work :D

Paul
Onwards and upwards
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

The dates that caught my attention are:

either 9 to 11 May,
or 30 May to 1 June

13 to 15 June might also be a possibility.

I'll be away for a week after today, with no Internet access, so I'll look into it with CycleActive when I get back.

Paul, I suspect you're away the week AFTER I get back, so perhaps you could post your prefered dates before then?
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

What Martin has not declared in his posting is that he has a severe death wish (probably brought on by an over exposure to computer games) and wants to learn/improve his jumping 8) . What's even more worrying, is that I also think this is a good idea :roll: .

As Martin mentioned, if we can assemble our own group we could set our own agenda, including a day's instruction on how to jump. ( I may however cash in a get out of jail card by offering to hold the camera).

If we can assemble 7 to 8 sane bodied volunteers, it may also mean we can be a little more flexible on the dates, although May/early June look the better option weather wise.

Let's hope we can get the numbers........(last year's attempt was not a great success)
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
Paul McCormack
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Paul McCormack »

I think 9 -11 May would be good Martin, anyone else have thoughts on dates ?

Paul
Onwards and upwards
Viv Powell
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by Viv Powell »

Hi all

Sorry for the delay in responding to this one, but we are in the middle of sorting out a holiday in Dahab in May and wanted to be sure of our dates.

Steve and I would be interested in some Cycleactive training - particularly for jumping.

We now know that we will be away for the first two weeks in May so, depending on flights, we are probably not available until after 18th May. We don't want to mess up any plans, but if it is possible to get a course tailored around our own group it may be easier with 5 rather than 3.
Would this be too late for everyone else?
Viv
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

I'm a 'possible' on this. I'd love to do some more biking in the Lake District, but the Level 3 course sounds a bit 'full on' for me. I'd rather just do some trail riding/exploring and take in the scenery! As for dates I can't do 17/18th May, and I'd prefer not to miss the Wimbleball event on 25th May (esp since I was the one heavily promoting it).
Depending on how it shapes up, I may tag along, but don't work around me!
dro
surf god
surf god

missed

Post by dro »

what a shame Viv
will be arriving in Dahab as you leave
just booked a week there starting on 15th
will try and wave in the arrival/departure interface

The Nomads can be reassured that I will pick up all the gossip about your two week stay and report back in multitechnicolour detail

Hmmmmmm !!!!!

LT
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
spinout
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by spinout »

I'd be interested in principle. I'd love to get a bit better at jumping and a trip to the lakes is always welcome. However, I'm doing a snowboard trip this month so it may not be domestically acceptable.

Let me know if you decide on a date.

Cheers,
Carl