April Foools day

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

NigelP
surf god
surf god

April Foools day

Post by NigelP » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:07

I joined birthday boy Rob (‘still waiting for his 21st’ ), Vicky, Sonny and Anna for a ride around the Wall and Whytes combo.

I am feeling pleased with myself, as I not only cleared the North Shore section without a dab (for the first time), I also completed the whole course. This was not something I could not have achieved a few weeks ago.

The weather forecast was Summery, which translated into shirts and shorts on the climbs and something warmer at other times. When we started the first climb it was wet and (unusually) slippery, but the rest of the trail was fairly dry (With the notable exception of the boggy bit/lake between the two sections.)

There were no major incidents to mention, other than Sonny’s four punctures and Vicky’s token one.

Vicky was on fire on the downhill sections. The loaned Rosco is proving to be a popular choice

After a late start (allowing for a brief pause for a birthday breakfast) we got back at 6.15 ‘ish, just missing the café. Our only big mistake was stopping at the services by the factory outlet centre. What a thoroughly depressing site.

In all, great company, brilliant day and feeling really chuffed with myself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar