Forest of Dean Enduro - Sun 27th Sept.

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

RaV
surf god
surf god

Forest of Dean Enduro - Sun 27th Sept.

Post by RaV »

Anyone fancy this?

Forest of Dean Enduro on Sun 27th September. 20 or 40 mile options.
We're doing the 40miler - you need to pre-enter by the 23rd Sept.

Further details can be found at http://www.xcracer.com/jn_raceentry/vie ... vent_id=53
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

Martin and I also paid a visit to the FoD, but at a more leisurely pace than Rob and Vicki. :D

We arrived at about mid day to find warm dry conditions. We pottered around the downhill course until the Enduro race started to wind down. We even spotted Rob on his final lap, although he was clearly at a moment of intense concentration, as he took a tricky roll off.

As the race concluded we met up with Rob and Vicky, who were looking elated but had found the course fairly demanding. Rob had just completed 40 miles, and Vicky 30 miles, of almost constant activity.

As the course had closed, Martin and I tried to follow the same route before all the markers were removed. There were a couple of places when we were acting like animal trackers. Did the tracks go this way or that? The good news is that we completed one lap of the 10 mile course (somewhat slower than the competitors, in about 1hr 40). The Enduro is shown in the GPS log (also available in GPX format on request), although my GPS lost its signal on a couple of occasions.

Just one mishap to mention. When I came to try the roll off, which we had seen Rob entering, I was not quite so successful. My tyre washed out in the loose soil at the bottom and I ended up doing a face plant. :oops: Fortunately it was a fairly soft landing.

A good day’s riding and I am so glad I did not enter the real competition.
Stats: 17.4 miles, 2770 ft ascended. The Enduro element was 10 miles and 1376 ft ascended (per lap).

Nigel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar