Sunday 17th

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

NigelP
surf god
surf god

Sunday 17th

Post by NigelP »

Twelve of us ( inc Rob, Vicky, Steve, Viv, Adrian & myself) trekked up/down/across to Bracknell, now the snow has receded.

The going varied from firm to soggy to muddy to snowy to icy to flooded, sometimes combining any two or three states at the same time.

We managed to achieve five good full body between us, although Vicky gets top marks for her double salto and head plant. I missed the fall, but a kind gentleman came along a few seconds later to re-enact the event. And it was nasty: head first into a boggy pit and graveyard of helmet parts. I am not sure why no one mentioned the danger to this guy, but Steve - who was the token softy - relented and closed off the trail with a branch.

It was a great ride, guided expertly, as ever, by Rob and Vicky. Although the ground conditions were variable, the weather was wonderful.

I opted for the shorter course, of 9.6 miles and 1300 ft climbed, however it felt a lot longer. The Wheetabix crowd kept going for another hour or so, while I recovered in the cafe.

It is good to be back on the bike again :D :D :D

Viv, unfortunately the Garmin track file is too large to load. I can send by email if required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
Viv Powell
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by Viv Powell »

The Garmin software that I have read the .gpx just fine

Thanks
Viv