Anyone for a jolly cycle ride tomorrow?

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Anyone for a jolly cycle ride tomorrow?

Post by MartinF »

Nigel & I are planning to go West. Prob Cwmcarn, but other places possible. If you'd like to join, please let us know. Plan thus far is to meet up at Nigel's @ ~09:30.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

Cwm Carn leaving at 9.30 it is. Oh794Oh54Oh54Oh if you would like to join us.
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Will miss tomorrow - rode back from Chievely today - it was a nightmare - so much mud it was soon 1st gear on any small incline. So bad that I took a short cut onto a byway that I have never used before - got some damage by completely jamming a stone in the chain and some debris jamed between the chain rings - unable to clear (it took 30 mins in the workshop later to clear) result slipping gears exept 1st and 21st :cry:

The short cut byway was knee deep so cut onto a bridleway which then crossed a ploughed field...... Soon I could not even push the bike and had to carry it :cry:

I had to cut onto the road to get home but 19 mile with only 2 gears was a nightmare = almost gave up a couple of times.

However no clean kit and no will to ride tomorrow :shock:

Have a good one

Adrian
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

We had a better day than Adrian.

As all good days do, we started with a change of plan. We went over to Glyncorrwg to join Kelvin and BWA friends for a round of Whites.

Although the weather was overcast and chilly, it was an excellent ride. It was just right for my current level of fitness: the Whites/Wall combo will have to wait a (long) while.

The Energy section was very muddy in places and it was beginning to encroach onto the North Shore planking. If these become slippery, it will add a whole new level of excitement to the route.

Kelvin took some photos, which I look forward to seeing.

A great day out :D :D :D and no major incidents to report, other than Martin’s slow puncture.

The Drop Off Cafe is still open and will be for a short time (There is an issue over the notice period).

Nigel
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk