Cwmcarn - Sun, 27 Jan 2013

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Cwmcarn - Sun, 27 Jan 2013

Post by MartinF »

We probably shouldn't have done it - though with the torrential rain overnight and the balmy 9 degrees temp, we assumed the trails would be clear (we tended to ignore the force 4 - force 8 bit). They were, but only on very small bits. Mostly, they were about 6 inches of slush. Wetter might have been possible by going windsurfing, but there wouldn't have been much in it.

Took us twice as long as our normal (slow) pace to get round - not helped by the aftermath of a very loud explosion from Nigel's rear tyre. Good job he had one of those tyre-mending jobbies to lay inside the tyre over the inner tube. Three zip-ties finished the repair, though two of those parted company farily quickly.

The other thing that slowed us down was the number of trees fallen over the trail - there must have been about twenty of these.

But it was an interesting ride, nonetheless: You think you know a trail and then suddenly - it's all completely different.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
dro
surf god
surf god

Re: Cwmcarn - Sun, 27 Jan 2013

Post by dro »

looks dreadful

if you ever head further west on a week end let me know and Hugh Plwm and I will come and make your trip a living hell.

A very very slow living hell though

LT
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

I've been meaning to get further West into Wales for several years now, and things seem to conspire to get in the way. Will have to try harder this year - maybe go for a sail on the Gwendraeth, too?
dro
surf god
surf god

Post by dro »

If you do come Martin it will be good to see you again

Sailing is becoming more and more a warm weather experience for me (Foreign Holigays only)

BUT

The Plwm and I are still puffing around the hills of south wales, though Liwsi is struggling !

The Cydweli rugby club is still offering me a great deal of comfort and I am still loyal
to the cold tasteless nectar.
Had a slight disaster in the New year rugby club quiz
when I managed to get 3 out of 5 medical questions wrong
Rumbled at last

LT
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Remind me not to change my GP ;)