Wimbleball

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Wimbleball

Post by Al Donald »

Decided to do a test run of the Wimbleball ride on Sunday, as a possible future club ride. I know the area quite well as I used to sail on the lake quite a lot. The ride is varied terrian with only one technical descent and an excellent fairly fast descent, but quite a few steep climbs on tarmac. I would probably not do the second loop again but do 2 laps of the first loop and try to incorporate the fast descent into it. The scenery though is beautiful with a really nice ride alongside a river. Watch out for the wild fowl!
Thouroughly reccommended. There's also a campsite there. Possible windsurfing/biking weekend?
Al

RhinoT16S

Post by RhinoT16S »

count me in once i've found my stumpy :D

Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Hello Al,

I made the trip down to Wimbleball the week before last with my board. The wind wasn’t up to much, but the location and general feel for the place made up for it - it's almost like a scaled down version of Roadford, but closer. Agree that it would make an excellent weekend location at some point.

Richard

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

RhinoT16S wrote:count me in once i've found my stumpy :D
I'm not sure you're allowed to say such things here, are you?

spinout
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by spinout »

MartinF wrote:
RhinoT16S wrote:count me in once i've found my stumpy :D
I'm not sure you're allowed to say such things here, are you?
I've got a Stiffee - Ian's seen it :shock: