Sunday 17th

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Sunday 17th

Post by Al Donald »

Is anyone planning to ride this w/e? I can really only do Sunday - and this looks the best day. Ground soggy, so the Welsh trails probably favourite.
dro
surf god
surf god

cavalry

Post by dro »

Phew !!! Welsh trails to the rescue

By the way how is the migraine after cycling?

Huw
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

As you suggested, neck muscle tension seems to be the cause. Regular stretching seems to stop it... so far... touch wood etc. Thanks for asking.

I think I'll just pootle round Cwm Carn on Sunday, aiming for 11am start.
Need to get out this w/e as not ridden since for a few weeks and will not ride next w/e. Hopefully a few will join in.
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

BWA* wrecking crew will be there from 8.30am
((miss the crowds from over the bridge ))
maybe be bump into you -bumps and wrecks all way round :lol:
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Can't see Neroli and I getting out on Sunday - Xmas party Saturday night etc :lol:

If the weather holds we are looking to ride locally on Saturday - probably in Rowberrow (or a bmx track) if anyone is interested......
If found, please return to the pub.
spinout
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by spinout »

Might be up for CwmCarn on Sunday if I can shake my manflu!

Will confirm tomorrow.

Cheers
Carl
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

Looks like I'll have to abandon :cry: . Don't fancy going round on my own and certainly wouldn't get there in time to join the BWA crew. If anyone changes their mind please call me on my home number.
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

ride report from Nobby BWA team rider ,he,he
" Well here we are again, Sunday eve and another great ride in the bag
BWA hit Cwmcarn again with another early start. Reporting for duty this morning Kel, Jamie, Dave ,Nobby and new to the D/h Andy Young.

Big NO SHOW FROM Ryan who will be receiving a big bag of white feathers from Santa for his excuse that he needed a better bike and he hadnt managed to get one on Saturday

After padding up and admiring the new bling on show....NOBBYS NEW SHORTS!!!!!!!! and Daves new full face lid off we went

Cracking morning and fit as a flea Andy led up the climb to the top,wow it dont get any easier great veiws tho and the freeride arena soon hove into veiw. Quick pit(pee)stop and onto the ramps for a play all going well with a smoother approach and a bit more thought than last time.
Three scoops each was the call and all was well until Daves last run...he nailed the drop off the big ramp like a pro but the jump right after the landing threw him over the bars to add some more bruises to the collection

Then off down the tabletop section Jam leads the way with Kel next I,m on his heel trying to pass....the old pro blocks for all he's worth puts me in the xmas trees but a few more turns and I see my chance, set him up and YAAAAAAA free n clear Show him a dirty pair of tyres down to the bottom

On through the woods down to she start of the climb to the top of the uphill, Andy still not sure about doing the D/H but with a bit of gentle persuasion and shouts of "DONT BE A DELBOY!" he joins us.

Get to the top with much puffing and have a play on the Tabletop for a rest. Jamie the BMX Bandit getting some nice air and smooth landings Then off DOOOOOOWNHILL Me and Jamie on the full sussers shoot off as theres no doubt they are the best bikes for this sorta stuff, much drier today and as we know where we're going its much faster and more flowing. Stop about third of the way down to wait for the hardtail boys. Not long and down they come, big whoops all round,Andy amazed how steep some of it is but with a huge grin
Rip off down the switchbacks, duck under the road and down the rock slabs to the road leap, feeling good so no stopping for me, down the banking, stretch right back and whooooo! smooth as silk over the edge and down the slope. Same for Jamie Next up Kel who with no brakes left decides to get off and bulldog the bike down the steepest bit, then he slips and manages to crash without actually riding
So heres Dave.. see him coming down the track,will it be the jump or the curve,down the bank,hits the road then OOOOOH hits the deck in style Turns out rear wheel Q/R was undone and as he braked on the banking the wheel fell off!!!!11

No harm done so finished off the downhill in style with Jamie ripping the last jump so hard he blew the back tyre

All finished and all OK so tea an 2 Welshcakes in the cafe and a debreif. General consensus was BEST DAY YET and D/H virgin Andy hasnt stopped smiling yet

Crash of the day........Dave (DEL MKII)

Big up to............Kel Downhill no Back brake

Bag of feathers.......Ryan (xc/fs Marin not enuff)

Big Air...............Jamie BMX Bandit

Halfords Hero.........Andy Kraken

King of Bling.........Nobbys custom mx shorts

ALL STOKED MAN!
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk