Hard or soft tail??

The place for discussions on what piece might fit where, where to buy it from, how to fit it, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Matt,

I do remember reading somewhere that Marin's hve to be collected in person for the warranty card to be completed. I think the north has more deals as there are more shops - probably as more really serious riding in those parts.

I would share Ian's comment about brakes and go for discs.

The route Noah's use for tests gives a good steep road climb - good for checking out pedalling efficiency then goes off road which can test grip if wet as gets muddy then has a rocky uncomfortable descent, so in a short route gives a bit of variety. It is also short enough to go round twice - I tested 3 on the route last year, so you could try hard tail + full suss.

ps the owner Chris also windsurfs and is not a bad bloke.

Adrian
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

There's been an unexpected development. Out of the blue, a guy at work was advertising his hardly used 2004 Norco, large size, full suss XC bike. I went to have a look at it nd was impressed by the spec (Marzocchi MX Comp air fork, Fox shock, Hayes HFX9 disk brakes etc) and its (relative) lightness. Blimey, this must be fate I thought so... after a bit of negotiation, a deal was struck and I've now taken possession!

Having now looked at it even more closely at home, I'm chuffed with it. It's basically mint condition with no sign of it being used offroad. :lol:

So I'll be giving it a gentle test ride somewhere local tomorrow, rather than going to the Noahs demo.

PS. It's dark red and grey/silver metallic

PPS. The guy I bought it from is a kitesurfer.

PPPS. Chris from Noahs is/was a member at my sailing club.
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Matt,

Maybe he did use it off road but MTB kiting so he stayed above the mud :lol:

Hope it does not lure you to the dark side :!:

Look forward to seeing you on some rides.

Adrian