WSM in a NE

Any questions / thoughts about specific places - particularly those outside of our *normal* area. Note that there's also the locations section on the main website with stacks if info about our area + Anglesey + Fuerteventura.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
surf god
surf god

WSM in a NE

Post by Sue »

Does anyone know whether WSM is OK in a NE wind (provided there is some wind of course) ?
I see today that XC weather has shown actual wind speeds of 15/ 16mph for Bristol Airport, and over the next few days it looks like we have similar wind direction so we may end up with some windy days, plus the tides are becoming more favourable again.
Thanks Sue
Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Sue
I think WSM would be fairly nasty in a NE - gusty/offshore.
Llandegfedd reservoir can be really good in N/NE, clean wind (for a lake) funnelling down the valley.
Cheers.
Justin.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Thanks Justin

I suppose this should be in the "trips" section, but have you got your eye on anywhere for sailing this weekend? I was wondering if Portland may be OK for Saturday - and get there for first thing in the morning. This morning Portland had winds of over 22mph, which decreased to about 16 in the afternoon. Looks like a similar pattern there over the next few days. I'm clutching at straws here to get a sail in somewhere in this sunny weather ..!! I know E is good at Portland, but it seems more NE at the moment.
Sue
Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Portland could be windy Saturday morning. I've been before on a similar forecast, it was strong winds when I arrived but died off before I got on the water. Don`t think I`ve got the energy (?enthusiasm) to make it there first thing this week-end, but it could be good.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Thanks Justin
Decided not to go - as the wind does seem strongest in the morning with this wind direction (well it has over the past few days), and then drops. It's a long way to go on the off chance. Will wait for decent winds to return, and in the meantime get on with some non-windsurfing tasks!!
Sue