Glue suggestions

Hints/tips, Qs & As on all manner of keeping stuff going that little bit longer.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Glue suggestions

Post by Graham_U »

OK so now I want to stick my foam nose bumper, other wise known as half a pool noddle/woggle, to the nose of my techno. Doc. Crash in Boards recommends a contact adhesive, which is not very specific. In the pitcture he uses something out of a tin but I can not make out the label.

Any suggestion? Ideally something that doesn't have a price hike because of an association with Sailing.

I wondered about epoxy or Araldite?SP? But It would seem to me you need something more flexible, but strong and watertight.
Graham
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Dr Crash is right - a contact adhesive would be the best stuff. Comes in the name of "Bostik" or "Evo-Stik" from most hardware store. Epoxy would be too brittle.

Called "contact" adhesive 'cos you slime it on both surfaces to be joined, let it set for 10 mins, bring the two parts together and "CONTACT".

You'll probably find that contact adhesive will become brittle over time (years), but that shouldn't worry you.

Another alternative would be silicon sealant, but would be a dog to remove and clean up should you ever want to do so.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

In the past I have had sucess glueing down deck pads with just Neoprene glue if that is any more accessible than contact adhesive.
If found, please return to the pub.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Evo-stick seems to have worked a treat, even if I ended up concentrated so much on one side of the bumper that the other stuck its self. Much closer to the edge of the deck, so the edge lifter due to the shape, hence it a little less symmetrical, but all seems OK.
Graham