How to do this, that & a bit of the other on the phpBB Bulletin Boards/forums

Moderator: Moderators

administrator
complete beginner

Post by administrator »

You can now upload your avatar onto the website rather than linking to one on some remote site.

To upload/change your own avatar, fill in the appropriate fields in your Profile.

I've also uploaded a few to the avatar gallery for anyone to use.

If you come across any avatars you like but aren't going to use, please email them to me & I'll add them to the gallery.
administrator
complete beginner

Post by administrator »

dro wrote:How do I get one of those dinky little pictures on my profile

Can i shrink my own pics?
Do i go out and buy a 15 yr old digital camera? with low resolution

OR shall i call for help from "herr webmeister"?

No contest

Oh great and wonderous administrator tell me how to get a dinky little picture of my own choosing onto my profile

Huw
Hi Huw,

Not sure about being first in the book, but I'm moving this topic from "Test" to here (If you want to move it back, or to somewhere else, then ask to be a moderator - think of the power 8) ).

• Make your own graphic from scratch (hard, unless you're pretty artistic & good with PhotoShop).
  • Do a search on Google - something like "free avatar" should turn up about 2 million hits. Find one you like, right click & "Save as..." onto your computer.
  • Use a photo. Again, you'll need PhotoShop or something similar (easier, hopefully). Reduce the photo to 80 x 80 pixels max.
Once you have your avatar, you can then upload it onto the forum from within your Profile screen, as per 1st post on this topic.

If you get really stuck with photos, sizes, etc, email me the picture/graphic you'd like & I'll massage it into shape for you.