Login twice.

How to do this, that & a bit of the other on the phpBB Bulletin Boards/forums

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Login twice.

Post by Graham_U »

Any idea why I have to login twice to the site when I switch between home and work. First time accept the passwird but doesn't change login status, second time logs in?
Graham
Viv Powell
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by Viv Powell »

I have always had this problem when logging in, I am forever swapping from work laptop at work, to work laptop at home to home PC and it seems to happen all the time. My son says he has seen it on other phpBB forums also.

One thing that is odd tho' is that if you log in to check messages you get in first time. Software, can't live with it can't live without it :roll:
Viv
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

As Viv points out - it seems to be a quirk in phpBB.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

I think it's something like this...

If you have checked the "keep me logged-in" box, phpBB expects to see you connecting from the same IP address (yes, it keeps track of the IP address of the computer you're connecting from).

So... you're logged-in on computer A. Do a runner & log-in on computer B. phpBB notices you're on a different IP address to where you *should* be & seems to log you off from computer A. However, it seems to fail to log you on to computer B until you log in the second time. It's probably coded such that you can't log-in if you're already logged-in.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.