Birthday Saturday 25 June

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Birthday Saturday 25 June

Post by rachael »

I don't think I will make it to the pub tomorrow but Saturday is my birthday so windsurfing is compulsory! Exbf and I will be heading out to the best spot we can find - at the moment Portland looks more promising than Daymer but I am open to suggestions (and will bring birthday cake! :D )
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I've got to go to Cornwall this weekend anyway so will be popping along to Daymer. Rumour has it that 2 or 3 other Nomads are in the area already. :) Things may become clearer after tomorrow's pub meeting, or not.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Rachael

Happy Birthday for tomorrow :D

I'm one of the few not going to Daymer - so hoping for a sail elsewhere tomorrow. WSM was looking spot on at one time windwise, but the forecasts seem to be shifting (for the worse), so could be a case of wait and see! Really good tides for WSM tomorrow too!

Portland looks to be one of the windier spots.

So basically open minded at the moment!

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

Thanks Sue! :D

I'm still openminded too, need to discuss with exbf tonight.

Slight concern with Portland or anywhere south is Glastonbury festival traffic, but that may not be too bad on Sat??? I definitely can't face the Cornwall drive tonight and I think going tomorrow would mean missing the wind so hopefully can find some fun somewhere closer than Daymer.

Not sure if there is any wind on offer in Wales, must look later. I think there is a UKWA event in Mumbles so spectating there was another option we came up with but again depends on the wind.

Keep me posted on your thoughts and hopefully we'll link up. I shall acquire enough birthday cake for three...!

Cheers
Rachael
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

dont look so bad this side of the bridge
showing min 14 mph for porthcawl which will be fine for general bump and jump at newton although weind may get very light inside bay from mid tide (12pm)
high tide knap is after 2pm forcasts suggest some brighter weather coming later in day so will be sailable later .

Anyways have a happy birthday sails Rach where ever you end up .
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Rachael

Think I'm going to stay around here rather than travel and hope that WSM delivers! It's a really good tide (i e a "low" high tide ie hopefully smaller bumps!), and the high tide at 2.15pm means that (if there is wind) you can sail from about 11.45am through to 4.45pm.

The forecasts do not seem to be very consistent - so I'm not confident on what it is going to do.

If there is wind it would be a good day for you to try it as it should not be too manic. Not sure what your exbf will think of WSM sand/ mud after overseas locations!

Have a great b'day. Hope you get a sail.

Thanks for the post Kelvin - not looking too sunny over on the sunny side :D , so will be back another time!

rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

Kelvin, thanks for the lowdown and the birthday wishes.

I am too tired to make decisions so have decided to have a little birthday lie in and then make a plan by 9am which might be Portland or WSM or maybe somewhere welsh, depending on forecasts and what everyone's doing.

And I have a small but perfectly formed cake! :D
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Weston is looking good as is Portland or Hill Head which has delived all week - having sailed Hill Head a lot over the last week or so i will hope to head to Weston for a change of scene if possible.

PS if you go further east than Portland Hill Head is producing much more wind than Calshot despite the fact that they are in sight of each other

Adrian
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Happy Birthday - Rachael

May the wind blow fair 8)
rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

Thanks Adrian. I am having a good birthday so far having received a new screwdriver and a tin of spraypaint to touch up my board!

What do you and Sue think of the forecast? If WSM is going to be windy enough we will go there (exbf is willing to brave the mud!) but if not we need to haul our lazy asses down to Portland nowish really. We only have one 6.5 sail between us, everything else is 5.7 or less so we need a bit of wind to get going!
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Rachael

Happy Birthday :D

Well, there's wind around! I'm still a little confused on what it is supposed to do/ how windy it will be, as the BBC forecast is naff, and yet there is wind. Based on the wind at the moment I'd be on a 5.5 or even 4.7. I've never used my 6.5 at WSM. If the sun gets out later then it could (should!) pick up further this afternoon.

WSM is a "learning" experience - have to go through the pain of getting used to it to get a decent sail. So I will feel slightly responsible about whether you are enjoying your Birthday sail! There is plenty of wind at Portland. Saying that, you will need to go through the WSM challenges at some stage (.. I still am :roll: !). And the tide state does not get more friendly than today, so a good day to give it a go.

Anyway, I'm off there - have loaded up. Will wait a bit otherwise will be there too early for the tide!

Not sure if this helps. If you come along to WSM remember the brush :lol:

dro
surf god
surf god

Post by dro »

Penblwydd Hapus Rachel

lL T
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

I'm heading off now :D - will stop at the shops on the way in for some beach treats :D

See you there - Simon is planning on WSM today ( I think) .... Graham too? (Can see you lurkng Graham so you can't be at Daymer!!)

rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

Thanks Sue, well I like a challenge, and reduced driving is a bonus, so we will come to W-S-Maui and worst case scenario we will have a laugh, get muddy and eat cake!

Diolch yn fawr iawn, Arglwydd Swil. (I hope that's right now, my first online translation attempt translated back as Lord Heartburn!)

We still have to pack but should be there the right side of midday. :D

BTW brush - for the sand??? or for the state my hair was in last weekend! :lol:

Rach
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Brill :D

You won't be able to get a brush through your hair after a WSM dunking :lol:. So to try to brush sand off your kit! See you later. It's just £1 parking if you have windsurf gear.