Sat 6th June

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Justin
surf god
surf god

Sat 6th June

Post by Justin »

Sunshine and wind forecast 8) . Heading to South Wales Saturday, Newton if it looks as windy as forecast. Otherwise the Knap if it looks like a thermal 'boost' is required.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Re: Sat 6th June

Post by Graham_U »

I had been thinking of a trip over to the knap tomorrow. Not sailed at Newton, somewhat put off by the windline and the fin catchers I could see the one time we did a bit of coastal walking around there.
Graham
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Think I'll risk a Weston morning session as the forecast looks good. High tide at 10am.
Should've been here yesterday.
Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Went to Newton in the end. 5.0m/86L perfect, Lorraine on 4.5m/80L. A few holes in the wind at times, but still great fun. Sunshine, and waves on the 'reefs' towards low tide. :D
Hope Weston and the Knap were good too.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I was a bit late yesterday so made a late change of plans and headed to Hamworthy to take the tide out of the equation. Very sunny with reasonable wind but overflowing car park. I ended up double double parking on the end of one line, to start with then moved into a space after rigging. The advice was go big, so started off with Rocket115/7.5M and was well to over powered most of the time in some very choppy conditions, so after a trip to the Island I stayed on the inside most of the time. Changed to a 6.5M after which was on the top end of OK and spent another couple of hours, and finally got the new old Rocket turning reasonable well.
Graham
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

Went to Axbridge yet again which was fortunate in a couple of ways.

Met some old members who've moved away but came back to visit for a day.

Wind very gusty. Started on JP 130 and 7m but soon got overpowered. Changed down to 6m on 104 Syncro which was really comfortable. But after a couple of runs there was a loud crack and I had a three piece mast. Extremely pleased not be stuck out on the sea somewhere. There was safety boat training going on so they got a real rescue to do. Of course not in any real danger and could've drifted to the side and had a long walk.
No matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Weston was good on the falling tide once the sun came out properly. 5.7 and floaty board were just the ticket. :D
Should've been here yesterday.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

It was the early start that put me off WSM Matt.
Graham