There is a worrying lack of Trips posted recently

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

There is a worrying lack of Trips posted recently

Post by Graham_U »

I've been fighting with a leaky toilet for the last week but surprised there has been no potential trips reported on here. Given its been windy have people given up posting on here, or given up windsurfing?
Graham
Richard
surf god
surf god

Re: There is a worrying lack of Trips posted recently

Post by Richard »

Evening Graham, think its a bit of both, folk getting out less and the forum is loosing out to the likes of facebook..... Not sure what the answer is, l did have a conversation with Harry Nass back in May about Windsurfing in general and his thoughts were the costs are becoming prohibitive for the younger set which with combined with a less cool view point to the likes of kites is reducing interest in general :(
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

That's a bit worrying Rich as the forum has been the main lifeblood of the clubs activities for some time. I normally check it every day or so, but the posting in all forums seem to be getting less. Many times the fact that someone had posted they are going somewhere gives me the extra incentive and confidence to make the trip.

I know you've been promoting Twitter, but given its limited text its not something I've ever taken to. I don't how the users compared but I know a few of us are linked on Facebook so maybe we should have a Nomads Members group of something like that. I know there are other Facebook windsurfing sites where one posting can be multiply shared.

Certainly windsurfing in general has been on the decline for a while, as illustrated by the decline in shops and magazines. Its certainly under pressure from the so call "cool" Mary Poppin's brigade, which is a bit ironic as Windsurfing kit has never been easier to sail and progress quickly, but as you say new kit is prohibitively expensive.
Graham
Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Cheer up! :D Windsurfing is great :twisted: .