Roadford lake Friday......

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard
surf god
surf god

Roadford lake Friday......

Post by Richard »

Appreciate its a long shot, but if anyone is in the area, I plan to be at Roadford tomorrow and possibly Saturday, providing body holds up.....
Bob Iles
carve gyber
carve gyber

Re: Roadford lake Friday......

Post by Bob Iles »

Not Roadford as it is a bit of a long haul with marginal wind forecast. Is WSM a possibility tomorrow, does one of you Weston experts know?
Bob
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

WSM forecast looks a bit marginal for me to make the trek on a Friday evening Bob, HT:19:49 with the wind dropping as the water arrives. But might be OK at 16mph on Bigger kit for a couple of hours after the rain, but I'd like another couple of mph to make it worth the hour's drive. But then I've missed so many good sessions on that argument.
Graham
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

I agree with Graham - looks marginal and gusty - the tide is a big one at 11.6 m so it will be very lumpy an hour either side of high and the wind will drop near the beach so hard to get out. Not enough sun for the sea breeze so I reckon you will get about 90 minutes from 1730 (long walk) to 1900 when it might - note might be ok - personally it does not look good enough to play with the M5 traffic on an August Friday afternoon/evening

Cheers

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord
Bob Iles
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Bob Iles »

Thanks for the WSM info, I will not be going either. I was just hoping as I have not got out on the water of late
Bob
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

WSM even more frustrating today. The forecast looks good, right up to the time when the water arrives and wind drops :roll:
Graham