Weds 9th.Sept

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Weds 9th.Sept

Post by Graham_U »

The Met office is showing some reasonable wind for Portland tomorrow for the first time in a while. Anyone likely to make the trip down.
Graham
Loz
beach starter
beach starter

Re: Weds 9th.Sept

Post by Loz »

Was about to post the same question. Considering going, forecast has wind all day.
Loz
beach starter
beach starter

Post by Loz »

Decided to head down to Portland, aiming to arrive 10 or 11.

Loz
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Forecast improved so planning my first trip to the boat yard this year. Leaving ASAP once I've sorted myself out.
Graham
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Great day at Portland yesterday, wind very much as forecasted, sun and wind, Easterly on-shore in the high teens/low twenties. Shame only Nomad Lorraine made it on the Water but I was surprised to meet up with Emma and Martin, friends from the Sam Ross clinic in Turkey who were making their slow way back to the midlands after the NWF. I was very jealous of their newly converted van with a Tardis box on top that makes my Quiverack seem like a matchbox.

I spent all day on a my trusty favourite old Storm 6.5m, first hour on the Rocket 125 but this was getting a bit uncomfortable so I spent the rest of my four hours on the water on the Kombat97. I managed about 26mph before my watch ran out of juice. I'm paying for it today with the aches this morning. Hope its not so long before my next session.
Graham