Roadford Reservoir 13th/14

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Roadford Reservoir 13th/14

Post by Al Donald »

Nomads trip to Roadford next weekend.
Launching cost is £8 per person per day, but we will get a group discount if there are enough of us.
Camping cost is £5 per person.
We were thinking of trying some form of racing this time, possibly slalom. Could also do more training if wanted. We'll discuss the details at the POT@WOT on Thursday evening.

Al
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Sorry to miss it, maybe I should have planned the bike ride better, and fitted this in on the way :lol:
Graham
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Hi Al, will not be at the social but do plan to be at Roadford for the weekend. from what I can make out via the Beeb, the wind looks promising. Plan to bring along one senior visitor (brother) and two teen visitor's (daughters), if OK, all will be willing participants for what evolves.

Richard
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

The more the merrier!
The forecast looks encouraging, for Saturday at least. I'll probably take my bike as well though, especially as I've not ridden it for over three weeks :shock: .
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Sorry, didn't manage to make it to the club night :cry:, Neroli and I will be making an early start on Saturday morning, so see you all there.
If found, please return to the pub.
dro
surf god
surf god

appologies

Post by dro »

yet again missing training session
As one who certainly needs it ,all I can do is say sorry.

BUT forced to go and visit wife's cousin in the cotswolds (chalbury)so we can have free accomodation on Washington trip in October.
To be honest he is a nice guy just American

So practising my posh accent to fit in and polishing the lovely chips on both shoulders Chalbury here I come

Reason for posting
if I take the techno for the trip is there anywhere that I can sail it for a couple of hours between Oxford and Bristol on way back.
Tried Cotswold water park web site but not much information there

Any tips
Huw

P.S.
have a great weekend

PPS I think I am missing the pembrokshire trip as well

promised my cousin that I would go up Snowdon with him and walk the Crib Goch route
This is a route that I have never done before and from talking to others who have, I am slightly worried
will keep you posted on my progress

Cheers

Happy Xmas
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Richard
surf god
surf god

Thanks

Post by Richard »

Hi, just a short note to thank all the Nomads that spent time with us Sansom's over the weekend, take care, Emma
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Your more than welcome - glad you enjoyed it, we certainly did :D
If found, please return to the pub.
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

Apologies for abscence at the weekend. Having loaded the car on Friday, I later discovered a leak in the plumbing to my new bath so decided to sort it out. This turned into a major job as I realised that a section would have to be modified to allow the loo to fit! So a rather frustrating weekend, but managed a short bike ride late on Sunday. Must do better next time!
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Dro,

Sorry only just picked up your info request - however as it is too late you will be releived to know that there is nothing!

Farmoor at Oxford is members only, the water park is rubbish and I never bother which leaves almondsbury at bristol which is a swear word to a nomad!

Adrian
dro
surf god
surf god

dear adrian

Post by dro »

better late than never
effort appreciated

strange no reasonable spot to play
ah well

in the end was late getting away pushed for time and went without techno

so no harm done