Anyone interested in a late season overseas trip ?

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard
surf god
surf god

Anyone interested in a late season overseas trip ?

Post by Richard »

Any idea's for a late season overseas winsurfing trip ?

I have been taking a look at Neilson's availability and note that they have a seven day surf & sail trip to Finikounda, Greece for seven days commencing October 3rd.

Cheers, Richard

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Dunno about Finniwotsit, but Brandon Bay in Ireland looks like it's going to be absolutely epic this coming weekend.

I know were supposed to be going to W Wales this weekend (which is also looking v good right now). Ireland's only a bit further?

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I was looking at Neilson for this time of year, Fini was top of my list as I wanted to go to Greece, and I liked to options of these big dinghy things that you can relax on when there is no wind. But was put off by what I could find on the wind forcasts. Decided to go to Bitez instead, no Dinghy option but the wind seems more reliable there.
Graham

rudgyard

Post by rudgyard »

Although I've heard good reports of Fini from other people when I've been on Neilson holidays in the past, the conditions are not very challenging. Good for a family holiday, but not recommended for anything other than beginners/lower intermediates...unless, of course, you are extremely lucky with the conditions the week you go.

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I think that depends on the location/focus. As a former dinghy sailer I am now looking for very different conditions. So those sites that are mix sail/surf centres are generally going to struggle for expert windsurfers, as most of the sailors will be looking for significantly less wind.
Graham