Holiday Time - Moon Beach or somewhere else?

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Holiday Time - Moon Beach or somewhere else?

Post by Keith S »

Thinking of a holiday? :D

I was thinking of going to Moon Beach at the usual May sort of time - around May 19th 'ish for 2 weeks. But spoke to Gerry and Chris at the party and they thought about going around of 7th July 'ish and perhaps somewhere different.

If it's in May then things need to get organised now before the flights cost more. We need to get things moving anyway.

Anyone else got any thoughts - on a holiday? Get in touch.
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

Definitely somewhere else for me! Brandon Bay, Ireland. However there is a slight issue with getting there, as the Swansea-Cork ferry is not running this year (the boat failed a safety test so has been sent to Egypt!).
There are other options but they involve lengthy drives on both sides of the Irish sea, although the crossing would be quicker, but probably a total of 12 hours to get there. There was some interest in going to Ireland from 4 of 5 of us at the party. I'm not decided yet on May or September, or might possibly delay until next year when an overnight ferry to Cork should return.
Richard
surf god
surf god

Early sun

Post by Richard »

Hello, as mentioned to some at the party, we (four of us so far, two intermediates and two complete beginners) are planning a return trip to Dahab the first week in May. Drop me a line for details if interested, regards, Richard
dro
surf god
surf god

try again

Post by dro »

Lady T very interested in Dahab and I suppose I could be persuaded to try again

Yippeee!!

Will have to buy a new uniform,the wings and horns have fallen off the old one.

All best
A very excited Lord Timid
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Brian D
harness user
harness user

This years windy Oliday

Post by Brian D »

YES :D YES :D YES :D now that my brief encounter with property development has ended (sucessfully even) I am a definite for a summer windy Holiday.
I have no time commitments so don't mind when :roll:

As to Where - anywhere as long as it's windy and warm

I'm after a fortnight somewhere in the sun with reliable winds that blow all day for all 14 day's 8)

So Egypt looks favorite -Ireland great sailing, when the wind blows - but not reliable enough - Dahab dosn't really do it for me - Moon beach is always Good for me (perhaps try this ere Kite surfing thing this time) or perhaps experiment with El Tur

Could even be talked into Samos or somewhere else with good wind stats

I'll start browseing resorts and flights - but I'm in for a Windy holiday somewhere / sometime this year

Cheers

Brian :D
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

Is anyone tempted by Tarrifa? Reliable winds and flights are reasonable - about £110 to £120 plus tax for a return. There would be the extra cost of car hire from Alicante and I am told cheap accommodation can be easily found.

There's an option to take your own kit or hire out there.

I have heard great things about the sailing, although its not known for waves. I think the kiting and mountain biking might also be good.
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

I know some good places on Fuerteventura. Only 4 hrs flight & I can do reasonably inxepensive, self-catering accommodation??? And the wind blows its tits off, June-Aug.

Can take your own kit there, too - or hire locally. Waves if you want them, chop if not.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

Tarifa or Fuerte both sound good, if we can get a group of us going.
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

I can fit 4 people into our apartment. At a push, I may be able to rent another apartment for 4 more, if ness.
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

MartinF wrote:I can fit 4 people into our apartment. At a push, I may be able to rent another apartment for 4 more, if ness.
Thanks Martin, this sounds like the beginning of a plan!
Brian D
harness user
harness user

summer Oliday

Post by Brian D »

Couple of weeks since the last posting on this thread – So perhaps time for a push if we are going to get flights booked early & (cheaply) 8)

Can I ask – well I just did - Who is definite, who is possible & who is not coming this year – Also Where and when :?:

Definites to go somewhere and pencilled in for 14 days in Moon Beach July 7/8th to July 21/22nd are Myself and Keith with Chris and Gerry also, although Chris is up for a change in location. :D

I / We can still be persuaded to go somewhere else, but need to identify definite numbers dates and durations as I don’t fancy switching from Moon beach to Furte or Tarifa with just one or two in the group or reducing the holiday duration.

Anyone else for Furte ? apart from Al & Martin. :?:

Anyone else for Tarifa apart from Nigel. :?:

Cheers
Brian
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

I think a week's windsurfing would be enough for me, but I'm still keen to try a new venue. Probably best to discuss this whilst at the AGM in a couple of weeks. Perhaps we could convene a separate meeting afterwards for those interested in a holiday this year.
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

Just to throw in an alternative - what about Karpathos, Greece. Between Rhodes and Crete. It features in Simon Bornhoft's Best Bets for July and August. Club Mistral operate there. Have a search on the web for "Karpathos windsurfing".
P.S. I still fancy Moon Beach
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I'm a possible candidate for a week or so for somewhere with reliable wind. However, since I'm already going away at the start of August then ideally I'd prefer to avoid July in order to spread the holidays around a bit. But I could be persuaded......
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

If Fuerte, and if June (my preference), then there's a need to look at flights and accommodation fairly soon.