WSM, Sat 26th

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

MartinF
surf god
surf god

WSM, Sat 26th

Post by MartinF »

In a word - crap.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Re: WSM, Sat 26th

Post by kelvin »

MartinF wrote:In a word - crap.
oh dear -----
newton in am - darn right very good 5.3m and waveboard for couple hrs only 3 out early am -very good jumping .
Wind died so had an hr or 2 break then a second round in treco
again 5.3m and waveboard - great day :lol:
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

oh and sunday similar 3 hrs newton 5.3m and waveboard till wind died a little
but could,nt be bothered with a round 2 today

must be getting old :P
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Saturday morning saw me heading down the M4 when the news came on the radio that the M5 was stationery between Thornbury and Exeter :cry: - debated turning back at M4 J16 but like Graham I am bloody minded so carried on - approaching the Bath junction they said the M5 was now moving but stop start between Thornbury and Taunton so I diverted through Bath - queued off the motorway and down to the cut off - luckily those trying to avoid the M5 were not local so I was ok as soon as on the back road - added about 30 minutes to normal time :cry: but was still one of the first to the beach :lol: With a staedy 30mph I rigged my 4.7 and Evo 75 - snapped a fin on my second run so had to put in my smallest down the line or nukin 4.0 fin which was always going to be too small at WSM dead on shore as the tide rose - still got a good solid hour of excellent bump and jump on the 'light side' - then the wind droppoed so I changed up to 5.2 and had another good hour before it dropped off further just as Martin hit the water.......5.2 was the biggest I had with me and I was too tired to switch to the 'dark side' as I had just got off a night flight from the US and only stopped at home long enough for a cup of tea & sandwhich before heading to Weston :lol:

Slept for 11 hours, sorted my kit then headed back for Sundays session :lol: Wind on arrival 14 - 20 mph with plenty of both so decided for kiting as better range in marginal conditions. Was fully maxed out when I hit the water on my 12 so it was a solid 20+ for a while then it started to slowy drop and i was putting more power on until using all she had. When struggling to keep going I came in for a rest after a good hour - changed to the low wind settings on the kite and got out my light wind board showed it to the kite - wind picked back up so took it back to the car and went out again. In all 3 hours before i ran out of energy.

In summary - Saturday was good if you got there early enough but sunday only rewarded the windsurfers who were prepared for a very long walk. I was out that early but it is a bit different walking a kite down :lol:

Adrian
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Had a good day on Sunday at Hamworthy. Spent about 4 and half hours on the water on my Rocket with a 5.5. A bit up and down, but some good long sessions, and when it dropped there was still plenty beyond the boats. More than I was expecting or would have taken the kombat, as the chop was a bit of a struggle at high tide, although improved as the tide dropped to a very low level for Hamworthy. I got plenty of gybe practice and sorted out some of the rust from the close season.

I was feeling pretty sore after my session at WSM on Saturday, but the changed from waves to chop exercises a different set of muscles so even after a night in the pub last night it was still an uncofortable night as my body keeps reminding me I'm not as young as I think I am :(

But despite the excessive time in the car at the weekend end it was a good/successfully time on the water. But was quite glad the forecast was not so great today.
Graham