WSM this Weds?

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Ian Long
surf god
surf god

WSM this Weds?

Post by Ian Long »

Following a prompt from Martin & Nigel, I did manage to rearrange a few things and with complete disregard for "Brownie Points" sneaked off to Weston with Axel for a quick sail in the hope of meeting up with a few of the other work shy Nomads.

Arrived around high tide to find the wind dead on shore again blowing reassuringly well. Alas the batteries seem to have failed in my annometer, so had to make my own decision between the 4.6 and 5.2. Since the waves were looking large I decided to go for power to get through them and opted for the 5.2 (partly because I also knew my harness lines, mast extension etc were still set for the 5.2).

Alas this was a mistake and I was struggling to sheet in on the Acid 78lt from the word go. As the sun was shinning, the envitable sea breeze also started to fill in which started making the runs hard work with far more air time than I would have liked.

I knew I could only afford to sail for about an hour, however after 45 mins it was time to either change down or stop. Sadly it wasn't worth re-rigging for a few minutes so I came in while body and kit were still in one piece.

Lovely to squeeze in a sneaky little blast, as long as Neroli doesn't find out, the brownie points should be fine :D
If found, please return to the pub.
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

Llantwit on the sunny side
pics say it all

forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Tides have been too early at WSM for us workers to get a sail in this week. :( Were any of the other work shy there?

Looks like it's been going off over on the less muddy side though....
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

that pic was taken 7pm wens night matt - boys still out when I was driving away ..
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Didn't see anyone else I recognised, only 4 windsurfers and 2 kiters out. I had fitters installing solar panels at home, so didn't hang around on the beach other than to give Axel a run around.
If found, please return to the pub.
dro
surf god
surf god

worried

Post by dro »

Really worried about the time you wrote last entry Ian
Should be tucked up in bed with lots of Zs

Unless of course it was a brill night and you were about to go to bed ?

LT
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?