Sunday 19th

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian
surf god
surf god

Sunday 19th

Post by Adrian »

Was hoping to sail Weston first thing but it did not look as if it would fill in till the afternoon so headed back to Hill Head. Arrived to find sunshine but almost no wind - no windsurfers out and just a couple of kites doing nothing and a guy on a 14.0 not able to stay up wind - oddly people seeme to be going ok a mile or so up the solent - decided to stay put and kite so went 12.0 - by the time I was ready to hit the water it was 20mph so more like 9.0 weathe - hey ho - went out and managed an hour before it got too much - now at 25 to 30 mph :lol: The chop was horrendous so decided against windsurfing and went back out on my 9.0 kite - a great session - solid 4.5 to 5.0 weather for windsurfers all afternoon :lol:

June is fantastic :lol:

adrian
rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

The ditherers' gathering at Cold Knapp turned out lovely with beautiful sunshine and much better 5.7 weather than yesterday! Sue, Graham, Ian, Justin and Laurraine plus Kelvin and many more windsurfers were out enjoying the weather.

The kode was baptised in welsh waters, we are very good friends already and it even gybed for me (just the once!) I hope we don't get too much more 5.7 weather too soon though as I seem to have made a few holes in mine this weekend :oops:

Still an absolutely great weekend - hope this weather carries on! :D
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

well hope you all enjoyed your little trip to the sunny side .
wind went off a little quick today ..... :(
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

After far too much dithering this morning, turned out to be a very pleasant, sunny, civilised sailing session at the Knap today following yesterday's manic winds at Axbridge.

A little concerned with rain drops on crossing the bridge to the "sunny side" :???:, but fortunately the sun was out on arrival at the Knap.

The wind looked to be picking up, so some futher indecisiveness followed on sail size, but eventually plumped for the 5.5 and 85. A little wobbling out to the wind line, but very nicely powered up in the lumps and bumps, and a few hairily fast runs on the way back in.

I love the beach at the Knap, particularly on a sunny day. Shame the wind dropped off early, but overall another great day out. We all (... apart from that mystery Nomad with the green board :wink: ) stayed around chatting in the evening sun, wishing we had a BBQ with us ..... so next time!

Overall a great weekend :D 8) :D

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

A very pleasant afternoon, I enter Wales to be greeted by a rain shower, have left sunny Wiltshire behind. But things soon turned round and the sun was out long before I got to the Knap.

Had a good 2+ hours mainly on the Rocket125 with a 6M. I had a couple of good runs on the Kombat97 but the last wobble really signalled the end of the session. I gave it one last chance on the Rocket, but nothing doing.

So as the tide had turned and most of the local had started to pack up that was it. So we had a very good after session chat in the Sun. Very different to last Sunday.
Graham
rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

BTW is anyone else ridiculously sunburnt after Sunday or is it just me looking pretty silly today! :oops:
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

rachael wrote:BTW is anyone else ridiculously sunburnt after Sunday or is it just me looking pretty silly today! :oops:
ha ha told you it was the sunny side = its because you aint got that mud pack on from weston :lol:
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk