I love Minehead;-)

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Mouser73
beach starter
beach starter

I love Minehead;-)

Post by Mouser73 »

Well another awesome day at M. Come to think of it last Monday was pretty special too. Back to today; we got down about 10.30am and rigged 5.5's and were on the water by eleven. It was a little marginal to begin with, but the forecast worked out and by low tide (around 2.00pm) it was 5m weather and super steady. However, after three hours with only a ten minute break, we were pretty shot and retired to the harbour for coffee.
This would rate as one of my favourite days this year. If it had been a Saturday I'd have invited all you M5 phobes down for a BBQ.

Cheers,

James.
[/b]
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

fek the M5 next windy day i,ll meet you half way across the channel :lol:
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Mark Gregory »

Hey James, Minehead is sounding pretty good! Did you film it?
Yeah, shame it didn't blow Saturday as a BBQ and drinking your booze would have been a brilliant way to end the day - Hic! :lol: :lol:

Kelvin the channel meeting sounds perfect, quicker then going over the bridge!! :lol:
Welcome to the Surf
Mouser73
beach starter
beach starter

Post by Mouser73 »

kelvin wrote:fek the M5 next windy day i,ll meet you half way across the channel :lol:
That's a great idea, doomed to failure:-) But a great idea. I've been wanting to do the channel crossing for a while and yesterday would have been almost perfect. How long do you think it would take? My guess is 16-18 miles each way maybe 15-20 mph. Maybe a three hour round trip?

There are only a few things that worry me;

1. where I end up.
2. The wind dropping
3. Great white sharks

I guess a rescue boat would be quite important.

Mark Gregory wrote: Hey James, Minehead is sounding pretty good! Did you film it?
Yeah, shame it didn't blow Saturday as a BBQ and drinking your booze would have been a brilliant way to end the day - Hic!

We got some video. It's still a little trial and error at the moment. Yesterday was mostly error. Although we did try mounting the camera on the boom extension. It actually worked pretty well. However, it isn't a flattering angle, so my Dad wasn't that impressed;-)

Cheers,

James.
Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Mark Gregory »

Shame! Perhaps you could do a comedy Minehead theme!? :idea:

Flashing graphics and a comedy jingle! :lol: :lol:

Do we get Great Whites in the Bristol Channel? - well we got no worries at WSM, as nothing can survive in that brown stuff!! :shock: :roll: :lol:
Welcome to the Surf