Sunday 31 May

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Loz
beach starter
beach starter

Sunday 31 May

Post by Loz »

Beach parking was fully open at WSM even with the bike event. Rigged 4.5m and 70L and made the long walk out for the incoming tide. Good for about 40 mins and then the wind picked up. Eventually got out as overpowered, just as everyone else got on the water! Saw a few people re-rigging not long after launching! Good to see lots of windsurfers out enjoying the strong winds.
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Re: Sunday 31 May

Post by Adrian »

I assumed the Beach car park would be shut so went to Brean - very windy - I was massively overpowered on my 8.0 kite - think 4.5 windsurf sail and a very lumpy sea state and 100% on shore made for difficult conditions - only one windsurfer out and much less people than expected - the open beach at Weston explains.

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord
Matt
surf god
surf god

Re: Sunday 31 May

Post by Matt »

Glad I took a gamble on the beach being open. After watching a bit of motocross I went out on the Quad with a 5.7 and was pretty overpowered so cranked on the downhaul. That was manageable and made for exciting gybes, so stuck with it for quite a while to make the most of the 'easier' conditions on the rising tide. Swapped to the 5.3 later as the sea state got messier. Got a slight battering trying to get off the beach at high tide at one time but all good otherwise. :D
Should've been here yesterday.