Hello people

Anything not covered elsewhere that you'd like to ask/tell about.

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Gaskell
complete beginner

Hello people

Post by Liz Gaskell »

Hi I'm Liz and just moved to the area, near Stroud in Dursley.

I'm looking forward to getting out on the water again after nearly two years off - groan - will definitely be some after first few days back. I'm just renting with my boyfriend at the moment while my house sits on the market up North. This is my preparation for a plea of help from one of you, :o)
Do you have some space in a garage or shed I could use/rent for my kit as we're in a small flat and hardly space for clothes let alone other more interesting stuff.

I have one board (140 L) four sails, two booms.

Me, friendly, reliable, honest, witty, bla bla bla.........only you can really judge. Hope to hear from you soon, happy surfing!

Liz
Jeremy
harness user
harness user

Board storage

Post by Jeremy »

Sorry - can't help - I live south of Bath and my garage is chocablock, car, 5 boards, 6 sails, 3 booms etc etc
Best of luck!
Jem
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I'm a bit closer (Gloucester), but similarly my garage is already stuffed full of toys too (6 boards etc.....), I think it's a common problem with windsurfers. There's a bit of room left in the greenhouse but the UV wouldn't do the sails any good. If you're really desperate and as a total long shot you could try asking Chris at Noah's Ark mountain bikes in Chalford, just outside Stroud. He's a former windsurfer and has got a few buildings, or may know of somewhere. Good luck.
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Hi Liz. If you're still stuck, then I could keep your kit on my trailer in the garage. No guarantees it might not make the odd trip to coast without you, 'though :!: :!:

I'm in Thornbury.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
Liz Gaskell
complete beginner

Cheers

Post by Liz Gaskell »

Thanks for your welcomes.

I'm sorry for the delay - been stuck in middle of Berkshire for work - no internet at all :(

Martin may I take you up on your kind offer? I'll send you my number by email.

Liz :wink:
Been doing this too long to be as good as I am! :o[
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Liz,

I have the space but am the wrong side of Swindon so for you Martin's offer looks best. If not send m a mail.

Adrian
Liz Gaskell
complete beginner

Kindness

Post by Liz Gaskell »

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your reply. I'm bringing my kit back from up North this weekend and thanks to Martin should be able to get back on the water again soon. Very kind of you to let me know though and it is appreciated.

Best regards,

Liz
Been doing this too long to be as good as I am! :o[