Leckhampton downhill

Info about where to crash. Also the place to post details of routes, GPS tracks, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

NigelP
surf god
surf god

Leckhampton downhill

Post by NigelP »

This the location at Leckhampton (near Birdlip) that was been recommended. I am not sure if it is purely a downhill location, however I am told there is some single track there too.

There are loads of jumps, if nothing else.

If the link does not work look up Daisybank Road, Cheltenham, and there is a car park marked

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|Daisy bank road#map=51.86585,-2.06678|15|4&loc=GB:51.86657:-2.06671:17|Daisybank road|Daisybank Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England, GL53 9
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Does this mean you're thinking of heading up my way sometime?
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

The answer is yes. 8) Martin has an MTB route that goes somewhere near Leckhampton. We are just waiting for drier weather.

It would be great if you can find out more information about Leckhampton ie is there some interesting single track there or is it just for downhill nutters?

PS If you cut and paste the whole link into Explorer then you will see the location in Multimap (but without the car park).
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I'll try and pop over there sometime to check it out, it's about 8 miles away. I've ridden around at the top of the hill once but never made it into the woods. I've also seen riders on downhill bikes taking the road back up to the top again. There must be some singletrack around, there's certainly some in the Birdlip/Cranham area not too far away and also on Cleeve Hill north of Cheltenham. Just need a nice way of linking it all together. :D