Sunday 17/8 Portland

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
surf god
surf god

Sunday 17/8 Portland

Post by Sue »

The wind and tide are looking good for Portland on Sunday. A number at last night's social expressed an interest in going there rather than the Knap.

The club's GPS will be available for Nomads to try out - and for some readings for Richard's speed ladder :-).

Those keen to go along include me, Bob, Mike K, Justin and Lorraine, Phil .... and Matt (maybe). Anyway, the more the merrier :-).

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Re: Sunday 17/8 Portland

Post by Graham_U »

I can not make Sunday. Anyone planning a trip on Saturday? The Knap forecast actually looks pretty good at the moment.
Graham
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Graham - Justin and Lorraine were eyeing up the Knap for Saturday.

I wouldn't have the stamina for two consecutive full days out, so I'm plumping for Sunday.

Have fun.

Phil
novice
novice

Post by Phil »

We will be going traveling down Saturday afternoon and staying overnight in our camper. Does anyone know if overnight parking at the boat yard is ok? If not we will probably use the sailing academy.
pardon me i've got wind
Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Me and Lorraine going to the Knap Saturday for a warm-up session for the Portland Speed Trials on Sunday :twisted: .
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

We have a VIP bash up country this weekend, the host is ten, so can't really not show, so, please, please, what ever you guys get up to, can somebody do a write up for the next news letter ? be safe, Richard
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I think I'll be joining J&L at the knap unless something goes wrong. Hope to get there about lunch time. For those at Portland, have fun. For overnight parking at the Boatyard Phil, you need to talk to Jim at Puravida. At the Knap session last year he said that we could but there were some condition that I forget.
Graham
Bob Iles
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Bob Iles »

I am trying my hand at brownies to bring to Portland tomorrow, assuming they are not so good that I eat them all this evening. May be we could have a brownie baking competition which I might stand more chance of winning than the speed competition.
Bob
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

I am sadly going to have to pull out of tomorrow - I have a nasty coldy/ chesty thing going on, and not feeling too good. I was hoping I'd be feeling miraculously better, but I am not fit enough to go :( .

Mike K is also not going - having snapped some ligaments in two fingers playing netball :roll: !

Mark G is planning on being there.

Very disappointed to be missing out on a fun day with you all tomorrow. Hope you have a great time ... both sailing and munching brownies :)

Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Sorry to hear you won't be at Portland Sue :( - Lorraine was looking forward to some competition for the Female Nomad Speed Record :wink: .
Looking forward to some Brownie fueled Speed tomorrow 8) .
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

Hope to make it. Incentive of Brownies!

Had quite a fun day (Sat) at Axbridge rescuing dinghies but gutted watching the other windsurfers :(
No matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Don't know if I'll be at Portland tomorrow, it depends whether I can pass by WSM as it looks just as windy there with a good midday high tide. Will see in the morning! :D :???:
Should've been here yesterday.