Thurs. 25th.

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Bob Iles
carve gyber
carve gyber

Thurs. 25th.

Post by Bob Iles »

A question for you Weston officianado. Is Weston a good possibility for tomorrow or do I need to drive to Portland to get a sail in?
Bob
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Re: Thurs. 25th.

Post by Graham_U »

Well the forecast looks OK for the pre-HT(16-15) session at the moment, but its been different every day this week! :shock: I was originally looking at it as there was no rain forecast on Thursday, now looks like the rain will disappear when the water arrives. Today's forecast was not looking good but today it is, so who knows what will happen tomorrow. If it doesn't get any worst then I think I'll give it ago, although I might have to look out a full length wetsuit, feels like Shorty season my be over :( .

Any other skivers planning a trip?
Graham
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I've pencilled it in as a possibility!
Should've been here yesterday.
Bob Iles
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Bob Iles »

The forecast for tomorrow for Weston is now Westerly 20mph on the met office site. If that holds up tomorrow morning, I will hope to be on the water at 2pm even though that will entail a long muddy walk.
Bob
Loz
beach starter
beach starter

Post by Loz »

Also thinking of heading to Weston today.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

... and I may as well, too 8) .

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Forecast looking good this morning, picked up a bit from when I last looked and no rain. Sounds like there should be a reasonable Nomad turnout. :D
Graham
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Pretty good day on the Mud. wind more or less as forecast 20ish mph early on, then dropping for the after work arrivals. I had a good 2 hours on my Kombat97/6.5 before my arms gave up fighting and flying with what seemed like the bigger than normal lumps for the wind. Unusually most were on small sails down to 4.5 in one very light case(Lorraine) but that did not stop her doing an enormous jump in front of me. Even Matt who was only a 5.7 playing in the shallows on his quad and he is normally one size bigger than me, but the 6.5 was just about OK. Other Nomads I saw, Bob was on a 6.2, Greg on 5.3, Sue I think was 4.7 and Phil B I think was around 5M.

Must be one of the biggest Nomads turnouts of the year which don't appear to be very successful this year. We were trying to work out how many formal events had happened this year, but I'm afraid I can not remember attending any yet.
Graham