Wind arriving Sunday & Monday

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Wind arriving Sunday & Monday

Post by Al Donald »

It could be tempting for Sunday pm somewhere. I think the tide will have gone at WSM by the time the wind arrives. Maybe the Knap or Porthcawl in pm??
Monday looking windier (but wetter). WSM may work on the morning tide.
Anyone else thinking of dusting off their kit?

btw I popped into Windy World today to order a new fin... and ending up also ordering a new sail! (as you do). Having sworn I'd never buy another Tushingham again, I bought, er, another Tushingham (Rock 5.7), and yes, it's RED!
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

I am certainly tempted for Sunday but will make a call tomorrow eveing on the latest forecast before definite decision on location etc

Adrian

PS A red rock call it Mars :P
Phil
novice
novice

Post by Phil »

thick dust on boards - keep me posted please!
pardon me i've got wind
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I've already pencilled in Monday am @ WSM, should be in and out before bank holiday traffic builds up. Sunday's still a maybe at the mo.
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

Tomorrow (Sunday) is looking more possible for WSM. If there's wind at home when I get up, that's where I'll be heading. I'll try to post again tomorrow as early as possible if I'm going. HT 09.40 so could sail up to about noon.
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

OK, there's sufficient wind to tempt me to at least take a look at WSM. Aiming to get there for 9am.
By the way, xcweather says there's stacks of breeze slightly further west (Mumbles) so Porthcawl may be a fall back option later (desparate or what!!).
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

Looking good for part two tomorrow at WSM. Might be some rain, but should be plenty of wind. Hope to get on the waveboard tomorrow. Might see some of you there. HT 10.15
Neroli
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Neroli »

Very tempted but will have to decline. :( I managed to hurt my calf somehow on Wednesday and it doesn't like it when there is sideward force applied to my foot. I am hoping that by not sailing this weekend, I will be OK for Bigbury.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I'm aiming to be there. My only concern is the BBC showed the rain clearing at about 1pm, coinciding with the water disappearing.

I could do with an early morning weather report from a local before setting off. Hint, hint Al if you're up early! :wink: