Quiverack is closing down

Got anything to say about gear? Here's the place

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Quiverack is closing down

Post by Graham_U »

I've just bought a cheap second hand quiverack, thoughs that saw my car at Portland will understand why. As some of the brackets and attachments are a little worst for wear I contacted Quiverack through there website about replacements. I found out I was talking to the owner and he is just about to wind the company up, and they have already made their last batch of boxes. So if you were ever thinking about it, or like me, need some spears, nows the time.
Graham
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Yes - bit sad. The story was reported in this month's Boards mag.

I find it hard to belive he can't find a buyer for the biz. Saturated market? Must be other market opportunities I'd have thought.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Just in case anyone is interested, Keven Hill is looking for someone to take over Quiverack, probably as a part-time option. He says he's not looking for much money, just to ensure that someone to ensure it retains its good name.

The following is a quote from an on-going e-mail exchange I've had with him, mainly to get some spares for my box:
Future of QUIVERACK? Whatever it is it is not with me.
I own the business but I am 58 and have just retired. I want to spend
time Windsurfing and travelling to Oz (my eldest son lives in Perth and
windsurfs just about everyday in his summer months when the "Free-o
doctor" blows. Put me down for some of that!

I have made my last boxes. Two Gull-Wings are all that is left to sell. We have the moulds and someone else could restart but the volumes make it a hobby not a real business. There is still quite good money in it but number of boxes has been falling steadily year on year as second hand boxes get traded. (they have a life of about 30 years) and number of windsurfer fall. I am currently talking to four separate indivduals who think they could take it over from me. I don't want much for it (£10,000+) but don't want someone to fail with it or cr*p up the reputation. Manufacturing is an issue as is the marketing. I am not sure any of them could be successful so it may end with me!!

Anyone at your sailing club own a windsurfing or board repair business?
Graham