Sat 9th

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian
surf god
surf god

Sat 9th

Post by Adrian »

Good session at WSM today as the wind stayed until after the water had gone, Nomads Ian and Phil were in attendance, I sailed from 10 until after 2 which gave a long walk back with 3guys staying even longer. I did have a long break chatting to Phil who I have not seen for some while.

Cold early on but the sun made a welcome appearance to make it pleasant deriving. About 5.2 90 litre for windsurfing and 9.0 kiting

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord
Ian H
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Ian H »

As Adrian mentioned only 3 of us there that I am aware of.

The rest of you missed a great day. I was out on 5.8m (perfect powered up) and even made it out through the shore break at high tide several times (even 1st attempt a couple of times) so I must be improving.

One chap there doing loop after loop and making it look so easy.

Hopefully you people at Axebridge also had a good day.
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Good to hear that Weston worked.

We also had a great time at Axbridge, Sue, Lorraine and a few other Nomads on the water, Keith was there, but did not see him on the water.

Interesting sailing with the "Moths", they look a little intimidating at times when up close and certainly move at times.

Wind was a bit gusty, my 7m rig was uncomfortable at times, but then not enough during some of the holes, but that said, was fantastic being out in the sunshine, clocked 23.5 knots to boot.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Really enjoyed the day up at Axbridge yesterday - lots of windsurfers out, including Nomads Lorraine, Richard and Alison, Martin, Ian ... and Keith, who wasn't sailing but running a complete beginner's windsurfing taster session for a group of newbies to the sport with Pete and Zara.

Started on my 5.5, which was well powered in the gusts, but not the lulls, and swapped to the 6.5 and 105 early afternoon. Had a great blast around on that in the sun and warmth, with the backdrop of cheddar hills/ gorge looking stupendous in the sun.

Overall, a relaxing, chilled, mellow full day out windsurfing - and loads of water at Axbridge :D . Hung around chatting in the evening sun, finally leaving around 6.00pm. A fantastic getting-back-to-it session after the winter layout. 8) :D 8) :lol:

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
Phil
novice
novice

Post by Phil »

5.2 m sail on 80 litre evo worked for me - not having sailed for 9 months i was pretty pleased with my efforts apart from a dead leg gained during an involuntry forward roll without the board. Ian i'm afraid it wasnt me forward looping! Adrian can i suggest that you put castors on the bottom of your kiteboard to save those long walks at weston?
pardon me i've got wind