WSM Sat.16th.th.May

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

WSM Sat.16th.th.May

Post by Graham_U »

Noticed that the forecasts for WSM were looking a strong, so I took my local option (only an hours driving) today for my first trip of the year to WSM. Got there about 3-45, to see Matt and a number of other locals on the beach. I rigged a 4.7M/Kombat97 which was a little over power at times with a few lulls at others. Condition were not the best, certainly not flat with the ocassional bit of chop in a different direction from the waves just to make it interesting. My arms were worn out after a little over an hour and had to give up, Matt was just going out for more, but for my first WSM trip of the year it was not to bad.
Graham
Matt
surf god
surf god

Re: WSM Sat.16th.th.May

Post by Matt »

Really good session on the 5.3 and Quad 92 in the sunshine, with the local effect in full swing boosting the westerly wind. In fact I was getting overpowered at times early on which was taking its toll on my arms, but adding a bit more downhaul solved that problem. As always with the evening tides, the water seems to rush in so conditions can quite lumpy quite quickly so I spent a fair bit of time down by the pier where the sea state was nicer. I did indeed go out again later on but by then the wind had dropped a tad so I was no longer powered up, which is not good when the waves are rolling in so I didn't stay out long and I'd have had to change up to make the most of it flattening off later. Still sunny and windy when I left the beach around quarter to 8. :D :D
Should've been here yesterday.