WSM - Saturday 25 July

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Mike
had a lesson
had a lesson

WSM - Saturday 25 July

Post by Mike »

Superb day at Weston. Wind, waves, sunshine, Nomads chat and Rum & Raisin ice cream. Happy days. :D
Sue
surf god
surf god

Re: WSM - Saturday 25 July

Post by Sue »

Excellent day :D 8) :D.

Plenty of sunshine and wind - Nomads Justin & Lorraine, Mike, Matt, Adrian (kiting), Nigel, Richard & Alison, and several Weston regulars to share it with.

Started on the 5.5m and 85 litre leading up to high tide, and eventually changed to a well down-hauled 4.7 and the 85 as the tide started to pull back. Lots of big bumps around despite the neapy tide.

A splendid day - a little bit creaky this morning!!

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Yes, it was a great afternoon, sunny, warm and windy. Stuck with the 6.3 on the Naish 110, could probably have got away with something smaller but I had a very good workout. Topped it off with a mint choc chip ice cream. Well worth the prolonged but very scenic drive down totally avoiding the M5 car park. :D :D
Should've been here yesterday.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

......and also, Richard commanded me to take out the club GPS 'just to register a speed' so I did. Thanks to Pete Davies for telling me how to operate it, the next lesson will have to be how to go faster. :)
Should've been here yesterday.
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Many thanks for posting a speed Matt, was good to see folk enjoying themselves, sorry I didn't get wet myself Cheers, Richard
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Sounds like you had better wind than at Portsmouth on Saturday. It was a bit on the light side and gusty, I heard it was 10-15 mph. The boats often struggled to get on the foils and I'm not sure I would have bother rigging my kit for those conditions, although it was quite warm and sunning. Sunday was totally different, and I would have definitely been better off with the windsurfing kit.
Graham