Sat 5th Dec Axbridge

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Sat 5th Dec Axbridge

Post by Keith S »

December, still relatively warm and out at Axbridge again. Very windy afternoon. Bob and 2 others sailing. A few RS200 blasting around as well.

Started on 7m on JP 130 about midday. At first only getting planing in the gusts :) , then planing all the time :D , then grossly overpowered :shock: . Changed down to 6m on 104 Syncro. Same sort of thing - planing all the time :D , then well overpowered :shock: . Changed down again to 5.2m on 84 ltr wave board and got about another half hour in :D . Never managed to use this board at Axbridge before. Now just after 3 p.m. and wind started dropping a bit. Also time to come in and de-rig before it got dark. Didn't get cold. Excellent session.
No matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Re: Sat 5th Dec Axbridge

Post by Matt »

Interesting. I was at WSM with at least 20 others. Very gusty, tricky conditions. Wind was SW/SSW which meant heading pretty much straight out into the lines of good sized waves marching in. Only trouble was the wind had a tendency to suddenly disappear just as a wave approached, resulting in a swim and tiring rig recovery/waterstart. There also seemed to be a lot of water moving about which seemed to grab hold of the rig every time it went in and also seemed to transport me downwind quite rapidly. So pretty challenging, but I had some good rides on the way back in and, as you say very mild again and good practice I suppose. 5.7 on the 92 quad for me. :shock:
Should've been here yesterday.